Friday, April 1, 2011

Sick but thankful

I'm sick again. If you're keeping track, that's the bajillionth time this year. Okay, that may be an exaggeration, but what isn't an exaggeration is that I just filled my SIXTH round of antibiotics. I've been sick six of the past 12 weeks. Gee whiz.

The last time I got sick, I was so upset I cried. Poor Mr. Right had to comfort me as I totally freaked out. I was SO TIRED of being sick, so tired of not having the energy to do anything.

This time when I felt the dang thing coming on again, I chose not to get forlorn. There's no use in crying or feeling sorry for myself. I can't change my situation. I'm just preparing to stay close to home and am going to sadly say goodbye to those two weeks of running three times a week. I had just gotten to where two miles didn't even phase me. Grrr.

But I'm thankful. Thankful that I don't have anything life-threatening. Thankful that while a few rounds of illness have been a bit intense, nothing has escalated to something I really have to worry about. Thankful that this time I was healthy for two glorious weeks, which is a week longer than last time. Thankful that I have a sweet husband who is there to console me when I get frustrated. Thankful that in the grand scheme of things, it's just been three months. Thankful that I'm really a pretty healthy girl.

So instead I'll celebrate the good things, and choose to glorify God during times of sickness, just like I glorify him during times of health.
"Many, O Lord my God, are the wonders you have done. The things you planned for us no one can recount to you; were I to speak and tell of them, they would be too many to declare."
-Psalm 40:5

No comments: