Thursday, November 12, 2009

Africa

I want to go to Africa in 2010. More specifically, I want to go on a mission trip to Tanzania with my church. I had a few things that I worried might hinder my traveling (first and foremost, my annoying and currently uncontrollable asthma issues) but I have started finding solutions to what I thought were closed doors. I'm a bit terrified of the idea of traveling to the wilderness for two weeks, but my heart is aching to go.

Last night I had dinner with my wonderful Christian parents--both leaders in their church and big advocates for spreading the gospel. Here is what our conversation looked like:

Dad - So you really want to go to Africa, huh?

Me - Yep. I really want to go.

Dad - You know what happens to folks who go to Africa... they all come home wanting to adopt an African orphan.

Me - Oh really? Would that be so horrible?

Dad - Nah. I'd watch him for you.

Me - Well it's settled then. Africa, here I come!

No comments: