Thursday, October 22, 2009

Weary

Oh how I am so very tired... three nights in a row of not coming home to eat dinner until 10:00. It's crunch time at school, with only 58 days left until my graduation, 43 until I defend my thesis. I have four papers due in the next six weeks, not to mention an intense month at work, and two big trips (just got home from a fabulous mountain adventure in Colorado, and soon will jet off to San Diego to speak at a national conference!). Because of board retreats, leadership trainings, committee/non-profit work and my travels, I'm averaging about three days a week of work, and two days of "other." Since five days worth of work must still be done each week, it means I'm staying most nights until 7:00, bringing home work with me, and sleeping almost never.

But as tired as I may be, I know where I can go to find true rest.

Jeremiah 31:25 - "I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint."

Galatians 7:9 - "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."

Luke 1:49 - "For the Mighty One has done great things for me; and holy is His name."

No comments: