Saturday, September 6, 2008

Hyperventilating before bedtime

I teach Sunday School in the morning. It's 10:45 the night before. My lesson is done. My handout is done. I go to print them out...

and my computer has a nervous breakdown. Which causes me to have a nervous breakdown. First it won't print, then my computer won't turn on, then it finally does turn on, but still no printer. Or internet. I started to hand-write my lesson (who hand-writes anything these days?) and finally got my internet to work. Luckily, sister Sarah came to the rescue--I have emailed her both documents, and she is kindly going to print them and bring them in the morning.

But I'm left with a feeling of utter helplessness. It's one of those moments where I would just like to cry. But I'm a big girl, so I won't. At least, I probably won't. I don't know how to fix my computer, or my printer. I only hope that if I leave it alone for a few days, it will miraculously heal on its own. Because otherwise I don't know what to do. Other than set fire to it, throw it out of a moving vehicle, or use it as a very expensive paperweight.

I'm going to go finish my nervous breakdown and try to catch some sleep.

No comments: